Kimball pipe organ, installed when the current church
building was constructed in 1937, enjoys fantastic acoustics
with a reverberation time of nearly eight seconds. It
speaks out from an alcove located thirty feet up from the
floor in the Nave.
The Kimball pipe organ company produced very high
quality instruments, and this organ was no exception.
For example, inside the reed pipes were brass wedges instead
of the more common and less expensive wooden wedges. The
bass chests were restored at an earlier time due to water
damage. Other than that, the organ has seen continuous use for nearly 70
years! The organ finally
required and deserved a comprehensive rebuild.
The biggest and most recognizable upgrade was in the control
system, it now utilizes a Peterson ICS-4000.
Besides all the additional resources that system allows,
we were able to increase the versatility of the instrument through
increased unification. Also new is an expanded
combination action with all new toe studs and thumb
pistons. The new electro-mechanical action for
the main chest is easily accessible for servicing via the new easily
removable bottom boards. The reservoirs and tremolo were
re-leathered and a new silent, high speed blower was
After the rebuild and a complete tuning, the sound this organ
makes is incredible in this extremely reverberant
church. We are looking forward to the dedication service
for this wonderful instrument.